Monday 3 May 2010

Quoth the Raven!





I did it, in time, slowly. Firstly the print based part of the brief. Bound by my own fair hands using black cable wraps I found near a building site. The use of brown card as the front and back cover are meant create the feeling that the book is of age and could have been found in the chamber mentioned in the extract. The images within the book are ones I imagined as I read through the extract time and time again. Between every page is an acetate sheet, on which it printed a singular letter which through the book gradually spells, 'NEVERMORE', the major word used throughout the extract.

On the right, is a vertical view of my main navigation screen for the website. After toiling with 3-4 designs, this one came together as I came to realise how many different flash techniques I had learnt whilst trying to get different animations/functions to work. Although I didn't have enough time to create links for all the 11 potential buttons, I did manage to have a bit of fun and create a 'click the crow' game...although I'm not sure how much fun it is...you just click crows and they make noises. (It makes me smile and is interactive...so it's staying) Also experimented with basic masks, keyframes galore and a bit of animation/audio syncing. It is pleasing slightly, I am just pleased to have learnt some skills on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment