Thursday 19 November 2009

Digital Detox

I had this idea last night when I was drunk, just because I was listening to somebody saying, "Oh well that isn't what it says on facebook". Technology detox is what I thought of, in conjunction with my ...but I was on facebook, idea. What if I gave up technology for a week, for every hour I would spend messaging somebody on facebook, or using facebook chat/msn etc. I actually spoke to them in person? I did some research and found that adbusters had in fact done a Digital Detox Week, and reading through the results there were some interesting outcomes/realizations if you will. I think it would be quite productive to give it a shot, maybe some hand rendered poster designs I did whilst undertaking the detox could prove to be more on target than I am currently as I am still immersed within the technological world. Honestly when I think about my day to day activities, using my Mac/laptop have so much to do with it, it is kind of sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment