Friday 27 November 2009

God Save Our Identity




Researching my chosen propaganda image for the Visual Communication essay, I found the actual print used for the Sex Pistols record sleeve, and it was printed in a purple/blue colour very similar to the one I have been using associated with the facebook brand. Using the same visual devices as Jamie Reid did in 1977 I am actually quite surprised by the outcome. Jamie Reid's original of course is far more culturally relevant, the Queen being a symbol of National Identity which was much strong than it is today. I simply used a stock image of a young man, as students and such are the most frequent users of facebook. I appreciate the visual, but not sure I like the idea of rehashing already made work, having said that this is what Reid was accused of when he produced the original so I think I can get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment