Sunday 13 December 2009

On another note

Just on another note implied by the post title I'm sure, web design is so short lived, you go to a website to get information you look at it once and think...yeh sweet, nice one. Given that it is a good site that is, but web design is never going to hit the creativity boundary as it is restricted to the capabilities of the user...which given your every day website is someone who can't spell definitely. I know on Tuesdays in IMD we are concentrating on web design and why not, yes it is important to learn about as everything is on the web but...I don't think it is worth while blogging my web site ideas, in fact, I don't really think about them that much. The best ideas I have won't work as only I would know how to interact with them, to put it another way, when I visit art galleries I often over hear polo neck wearers talk about 'what the artist is trying to say' and roughly 85% of the time I think the artist probably never thought that much into it. Recently my thinking was backed up by a prolonged study on Jackson Pollock. He quite frankly said he didn't stop painting until he realized his original intention. Now I bet if you had a painter like him today, painting live, I bet you would get some polo neck wearer saying, "I can see what he is going for there", but do you, do you really? Can anybody know how another person would interact with something they had created? Really? I think you'd be better off at home, eating butternut squash.

No comments:

Post a Comment