Monday 7 December 2009

Pot Kettle, Kettle Pot

Thinking a fair way back now, a communication theory lecture on the 14th of october, we looked at a range of these Alexa Chung images. Basically taking classic war time propaganda images and shoving her skeleton in place of the original illustrations. 
Things like this annoy me about a lot of modern graphic design, seeming to lack depth and any real thought, and I expressed my views at the time to lecturer Liz , ha! alliteration. 
Without dwelling on the rant I had at her too much, I was just looking over my poster designs for the propaganda theme and hello - train spotting, god save the queen, and some sort of take on swiss design. Lacking originality springs to mind, lazy design seems to be a reoccurring theme in a lot of the work I see around. Not so much a criticism I suppose, its just with the tools that modern designers use, the lovely adobe suite being the powerhouse - we can't exactly expect to see wonderful illustrations, and heaven forbid anything 'new' which is actually original and not something slightly altered. On the topic of my anti-facebook theme though, I'm sat in one of the suites and I can see facebook on somebody's computer - tut tut

No comments:

Post a Comment